The holidays can wreak havoc on your skin. Whether it be from the cold weather or the stress that comes with the season, it’s important to have a good skincare routine in place this time of year. So, we came up with a list of some things that will help to keep your skin looking its best this holiday season.
- Don’t crank up the heat. Try to keep your thermostat in the range of 68-72 degrees. Any higher may lead to your skin drying out. And even with keeping it low, consider using a humidifier. This will further help in making the air less dry.
- Cleanse & moisturize your face daily. Washing your face helps to remove dirt, oil, and debris which can all contribute to acne breakouts. After cleansing, it’s then important to use a moisturizer. This will help your skin to lock in moisture and provide it with continued hydration.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. Exfoliating helps better absorption of skincare products and further helps in removing any dead skin cells or impurities.
- Use sunscreen. This one is not commonly followed in the colder months but is very important. The sun’s harmful UV rays are prevalent year-round so wearing an SPF of at least 50 will help to keep your skin protected.
- Get a Chemical Peel or a HydraFacial. Both of these treatments are a great way to exfoliate and keep your skin looking refreshed and revitalized.
Follow these tips and your skin will be merry and bright this holiday season!