With Thanksgiving this week, there are sure to be plenty of delicious dishes on the horizon. And while overindulgence may be an unwritten rule of the holiday, it’s not all bad because some of those same foods can also be good for your skin. That’s right! It turns out that some turkey day staples can help your skin. So, we put together a list of some foods that your skin will be thankful for:
- Sweet Potatoes. They are full of vitamin C, which can help to smooth out wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen.
- Green beans. Contains antioxidants that are very beneficial to anti-aging.
- Pumpkin. Rich in vitamins A, C, and E which help to protect the skin.
- Cinnamon. Helps to improve circulation and can help prevent acne.
- Cranberries. Contains vitamin C and antioxidants which can keep skin firm and prevent wrinkles.
- Apples. Excellent source of mandelic acids, which helps to reduce skin discolorations.
- Carrots. Loaded with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that fights against the effects of aging.
So, remember, as you’re enjoying your meal this Thanksgiving, your skin may be benefiting as well!