Fall is here and that means leaves changing colors, cozy hoodies, and pumpkin everything. Despite some of those things that make the season so great, the cooler, drier weather that comes with them is not the best for our skin. That’s why this time of year, it’s important to adjust your skincare routine. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Use an exfoliator. Exfoliating helps to remove any dead skin cells, which in turn, improves the overall appearance of the skin. We recommend the SkinCeuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub because it’s gentle enough to use daily without causing any irritation to the skin.
- Avoid long showers. Limit your time spent in the shower to 5-10 minutes. This will help minimize the removal of the skin’s natural oils which are crucial in preventing it from drying out.
- Moisturize daily. This is important to do right after you get out of the shower as it helps to lock in any moisture. PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum is a great option as its buttery soft texture seals in moisture and helps to replenish any that may be needed. If extra hydration is needed, try using a heavier base cream.
- Wear an SPF daily. Even though it’s typically not as sunny as other times of the year, harmful UV rays are still present and sunscreen should be worn at all times. We love the SkinCeuticals Daily Brightening UV Defense SPF 30. Not only because it’s an effective sunscreen but it also helps in fading any skin discolorations.
- Drink lots of water. It’s important not only to moisturize on the outside but on the inside as well. Staying hydrated will help flush out any toxins and promote overall healthier skin.
Follow these tips and your skin shouldn’t fall victim to the harsh weather of the season. If you do however find yourself with concerns, contact the skincare professionals at Lisa S. Ball NP today!