Since November is National Healthy Skin Month, there is no better time than now to think of your skin’s health. And one of the best ways to do that is by using a quality regimen of skin care products. So, we put together a list of some of our favorite SkinCeuticals products that will help you do just that.
- A.G.E. Eye Complex. Great for dry, aging skin around the eyes. It helps to nourish the area, reducing any puffiness or wrinkles that may be present.
- C E Ferulic. This incredible serum contains antioxidants that help to prevent and reverse the signs of photodamage. This, in turn, brightens the skin’s overall complexion. It can also help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the firmness of the skin.
- Daily Moisture. A gentle moisturizer for oily skin that helps to hydrate the skin without clogging the pores.
- Emollience. A nourishing moisturizer for dry skin that hydrates for a healthy glow.
- Hydrating B5 Gel. This one is a great complement to either of the above moisturizers helping to further replenish the moisture and nutrients the skin needs for a smooth and healthy appearance.
- Glycolic Renewal Cleanser. A foaming cleanser that targets dull and rough skin for a refreshed, clearer complexion. Great for any skin type.
- LHA Cleanser Gel. A deep penetrating cleanser that exfoliates the skin and decongests clogged pores. Perfect for those who have oily, acne-prone skin.
- Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. Provides a hydrating exfoliation, polishing away any dead skin cells for a smooth, radiant result.
- Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2. This quick-absorbing cream is ideal for aging skin by helping to restore the skin’s essential lipids and reduce the appearance of pores.
As you can see, SkinCeuticals offers a variety of options for skin health. To find out which is best for you, contact the skin care professionals at Lisa S. Ball FNP today.
Fall is here and that means leaves changing colors, cozy hoodies, and pumpkin everything. Despite some of those things that make the season so great, the cooler, drier weather that comes with them is not the best for our skin. That’s why this time of year, it’s important to adjust your skincare routine. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Use an exfoliator. Exfoliating helps to remove any dead skin cells, which in turn, improves the overall appearance of the skin. We recommend the SkinCeuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub because it’s gentle enough to use daily without causing any irritation to the skin.
- Avoid long showers. Limit your time spent in the shower to 5-10 minutes. This will help minimize the removal of the skin’s natural oils which are crucial in preventing it from drying out.
- Moisturize daily. This is important to do right after you get out of the shower as it helps to lock in any moisture. PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum is a great option as its buttery soft texture seals in moisture and helps to replenish any that may be needed. If extra hydration is needed, try using a heavier base cream.
- Wear an SPF daily. Even though it’s typically not as sunny as other times of the year, harmful UV rays are still present and sunscreen should be worn at all times. We love the SkinCeuticals Daily Brightening UV Defense SPF 30. Not only because it’s an effective sunscreen but it also helps in fading any skin discolorations.
- Drink lots of water. It’s important not only to moisturize on the outside but on the inside as well. Staying hydrated will help flush out any toxins and promote overall healthier skin.
Follow these tips and your skin shouldn’t fall victim to the harsh weather of the season. If you do however find yourself with concerns, contact the skincare professionals at Lisa S. Ball NP today!
September is Healthy Aging Month, which is a great opportunity to focus on the overall well-being of your skin. Did you know that as we age, aside from those annoying fine lines and wrinkles that pop up, the risk for skin cancer also increases? The Skin Cancer Foundation estimates that by the age of 70, roughly 1 in 5 Americans will develop some form of skin cancer.
That’s why it’s so important to stay on top of the health of your skin. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Avoid the sun between 10am and 4pm. This is when the sun peaks in the sky and UV rays are at their strongest.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Even on cloudy, winter days, harmful UV rays are still prevalent. We recommend our patients wear a broad-spectrum SPF of at least 30, reapplying every two hours.
- If outside for extended periods, wear a hat with a wide brim. This will not only provide shade for your face but also increased protection from sun exposure.
- Regular skin examinations. We recommend our patients get their skin checked for any cancerous lesions at least once a year. Patients with a history of skin cancer are advised to be seen more frequently.
- Avoid tanning. This one cannot be emphasized enough. Aside from increasing the risk of skin cancer, it can also contribute to speeding up the aging process.
These tips will not only help to keep your skin looking its best, but also decrease your risk of skin cancer. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here.