November is National Healthy Skin Month – a time to raise awareness about the importance of taking care of your skin and maintaining its overall health. And in doing this, a variety of different skin conditions and issues can be avoided. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Have a skincare routine. Establish and follow a daily skincare regimen that is tailored to your skin type. Essentials include cleansing, moisturizing, and using sunscreen.
- Skin cancer detection & prevention. Get regular skin cancer examinations (at least once a year) and use sunscreen daily (even on cloudy days).
- Keep your skin hydrated. Apply a moisturizer after cleansing and drink plenty of water (8 glasses a day).
- Get plenty of sleep. It is recommended to get 7-9 hours of restful sleep a night to support overall skin health.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet. This doesn’t just positively impact your skin but your body as a whole.
- Avoid smoking. This contributes to premature aging and wrinkling.
Remember, the path to healthy skin begins with commitment and consistency. Incorporate these practices into your routine and your skin will thank you.
Since November is National Healthy Skin Month, there is no better time than now to think of your skin’s health. And one of the best ways to do that is by using a quality regimen of skin care products. So, we put together a list of some of our favorite SkinCeuticals products that will help you do just that.
- A.G.E. Eye Complex. Great for dry, aging skin around the eyes. It helps to nourish the area, reducing any puffiness or wrinkles that may be present.
- C E Ferulic. This incredible serum contains antioxidants that help to prevent and reverse the signs of photodamage. This, in turn, brightens the skin’s overall complexion. It can also help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the firmness of the skin.
- Daily Moisture. A gentle moisturizer for oily skin that helps to hydrate the skin without clogging the pores.
- Emollience. A nourishing moisturizer for dry skin that hydrates for a healthy glow.
- Hydrating B5 Gel. This one is a great complement to either of the above moisturizers helping to further replenish the moisture and nutrients the skin needs for a smooth and healthy appearance.
- Glycolic Renewal Cleanser. A foaming cleanser that targets dull and rough skin for a refreshed, clearer complexion. Great for any skin type.
- LHA Cleanser Gel. A deep penetrating cleanser that exfoliates the skin and decongests clogged pores. Perfect for those who have oily, acne-prone skin.
- Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. Provides a hydrating exfoliation, polishing away any dead skin cells for a smooth, radiant result.
- Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2. This quick-absorbing cream is ideal for aging skin by helping to restore the skin’s essential lipids and reduce the appearance of pores.
As you can see, SkinCeuticals offers a variety of options for skin health. To find out which is best for you, contact the skin care professionals at Lisa S. Ball FNP today.
Being the body’s largest organ, the skin plays a crucial role in protecting and keeping it safe. That’s why it’s also important to make sure the skin remains healthy as well. And with November being National Healthy Skin Month, we thought this would be the perfect time to explore how to do just that.
- Determine your skin type. Whether it’s normal, dry, oily, combination, or sensitive, this correlates to what kind of skincare products to use. And in some cases, if you use the wrong ones, it can actually do more harm than good.
- Wash your face at least once a day. We recommend that our patients use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser using lukewarm water. This will provide gentle but effective results.
- Moisturize daily. Try applying a lotion or cream moisturizer after bathing/showering (while your skin is still wet). This helps to lock in the moisture and will get the best results.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Seek shade, wear protective clothing and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. All of which will help to prevent premature skin aging, wrinkling, and even skin cancer.
- Examine your skin regularly. Check for suspicious or unusual spots which could be a sign of skin cancer. Some things to look out for are anything that changes in appearance, itches, or bleeds.
Following the above tips will not only help to keep your skin looking its best but safe as well. If you would like to learn more, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here to schedule an appointment today.