Being the body’s largest organ, the skin plays a crucial role in protecting and keeping it safe. That’s why it’s also important to make sure the skin remains healthy as well. And with November being National Healthy Skin Month, we thought this would be the perfect time to explore how to do just that.
- Determine your skin type. Whether it’s normal, dry, oily, combination, or sensitive, this correlates to what kind of skincare products to use. And in some cases, if you use the wrong ones, it can actually do more harm than good.
- Wash your face at least once a day. We recommend that our patients use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser using lukewarm water. This will provide gentle but effective results.
- Moisturize daily. Try applying a lotion or cream moisturizer after bathing/showering (while your skin is still wet). This helps to lock in the moisture and will get the best results.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Seek shade, wear protective clothing and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. All of which will help to prevent premature skin aging, wrinkling, and even skin cancer.
- Examine your skin regularly. Check for suspicious or unusual spots which could be a sign of skin cancer. Some things to look out for are anything that changes in appearance, itches, or bleeds.
Following the above tips will not only help to keep your skin looking its best but safe as well. If you would like to learn more, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here to schedule an appointment today.