Since November is National Healthy Skin Month, there is no better time than now to think of your skin’s health. And one of the best ways to do that is by using a quality regimen of skin care products. So, we put together a list of some of our favorite SkinCeuticals products that will help you do just that.
- A.G.E. Eye Complex. Great for dry, aging skin around the eyes. It helps to nourish the area, reducing any puffiness or wrinkles that may be present.
- C E Ferulic. This incredible serum contains antioxidants that help to prevent and reverse the signs of photodamage. This, in turn, brightens the skin’s overall complexion. It can also help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the firmness of the skin.
- Daily Moisture. A gentle moisturizer for oily skin that helps to hydrate the skin without clogging the pores.
- Emollience. A nourishing moisturizer for dry skin that hydrates for a healthy glow.
- Hydrating B5 Gel. This one is a great complement to either of the above moisturizers helping to further replenish the moisture and nutrients the skin needs for a smooth and healthy appearance.
- Glycolic Renewal Cleanser. A foaming cleanser that targets dull and rough skin for a refreshed, clearer complexion. Great for any skin type.
- LHA Cleanser Gel. A deep penetrating cleanser that exfoliates the skin and decongests clogged pores. Perfect for those who have oily, acne-prone skin.
- Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. Provides a hydrating exfoliation, polishing away any dead skin cells for a smooth, radiant result.
- Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2. This quick-absorbing cream is ideal for aging skin by helping to restore the skin’s essential lipids and reduce the appearance of pores.
As you can see, SkinCeuticals offers a variety of options for skin health. To find out which is best for you, contact the skin care professionals at Lisa S. Ball FNP today.
With Summer in full swing, we rounded up some things we recommend to our patients this time of year.
- SkinCeuticals Simply Clean. This is a great cleanser for all skin types, especially oily and acne-prone. Not only does it do wonders in removing excess oil and debris from the skin (which this time of year is more common), but it is also a great makeup remover as well.
- SkinCeuticals Light Moisture UV Defense SPF 50. An amazing weightless sunscreen that can be used on both the face and body. Some nice things about it are it doesn’t clog pores and its quick absorption does a good job of preventing it from getting on clothing. It’s also an amazing moisturizer, making it a must for anyone with dry skin.
- Underarm Laser Hair Removal. This is a perfect area to treat during the summer because, with laser hair removal, it is essential to avoid the sun. And since the underarms are not typically exposed to it, treatment can still be done. Another positive, it’s effective in getting rid of any pesky ingrown hairs.
- HydraFacial. The warm, sunny weather can have quite the impact on drying out our skin. That’s why the HydraFacial is one of our favorite treatments this time of year. Aside from providing the skin with much-needed hydration, it also helps to unclog the pores from sweat and sunscreen leaving the skin ‘glowing’ right after treatment.
If your skin is in need of some revitalization through the summer months, contact our office today.
Being the body’s largest organ, the skin plays a crucial role in protecting and keeping it safe. That’s why it’s also important to make sure the skin remains healthy as well. And with November being National Healthy Skin Month, we thought this would be the perfect time to explore how to do just that.
- Determine your skin type. Whether it’s normal, dry, oily, combination, or sensitive, this correlates to what kind of skincare products to use. And in some cases, if you use the wrong ones, it can actually do more harm than good.
- Wash your face at least once a day. We recommend that our patients use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser using lukewarm water. This will provide gentle but effective results.
- Moisturize daily. Try applying a lotion or cream moisturizer after bathing/showering (while your skin is still wet). This helps to lock in the moisture and will get the best results.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Seek shade, wear protective clothing and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. All of which will help to prevent premature skin aging, wrinkling, and even skin cancer.
- Examine your skin regularly. Check for suspicious or unusual spots which could be a sign of skin cancer. Some things to look out for are anything that changes in appearance, itches, or bleeds.
Following the above tips will not only help to keep your skin looking its best but safe as well. If you would like to learn more, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here to schedule an appointment today.
With June being Acne Awareness Month, we thought what better time than now to highlight our new skincare product from SkinCeuticals, Silymarin CF.
Taking over six years to develop, this breakthrough vitamin C serum was specifically formulated for oily and blemish-prone skin. The ingredients of l-ascorbic acid, ferulic acid, salicylic acid, and silymarin (milk thistle extract) all help to prevent oil oxidation. Which in turn lowers the possibility of breakouts. Aside from that, it can also significantly improve skin texture, clarity, radiance, and fine lines.
With all that SkinCeuticals Silymarin CF can do, it’s easy to see why it’s the perfect product for those dealing with acne. If you would like more information about this, or any of our other products, call 716-688-0020 or click here.
Our skin is naturally built to repair, but sometimes things in our daily routine (ie. sun exposure) can still lead to premature skin aging and damage. That’s why regularly using a product containing vitamin C, an antioxidant that our bodies do not naturally produce, can be so beneficial.
As one of the best anti-aging ingredients out there, vitamin C is also a natural sun protectant. Because of this, we encourage our patients to apply it first thing in the morning. And regular use can even promote collagen growth! It is important to note, however, that vitamin C for the skin must be properly formulated. If not, the benefits will not be as significant. That’s why we like SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidants. Their line in particular goes through a rigorous development process that ensures optimal results (all of their vitamin C serums are backed by 30 years of antioxidant research and demonstrated efficacy in independent clinical studies).
As you can see, vitamin C is an essential ingredient in any skincare regimen. Call our office or click here to find out which of SkinCeuticals vitamin C serums is right for you.
The transition from the cold, harsh winter weather can be very tough on the skin. That’s why for the month of March, we decided to go green with our skincare in the form of the SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel!
The SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel is a soothing green gel serum that calms and hydrates the skin while improving visible redness. Containing hyaluronic acid, cucumber, thyme, and mulberry this product is the perfect moisturizer for those with sensitive, acne-prone skin. The cucumber and thyme help to soothe and calm the skin, while the mulberry helps to even the skin tone out. The skin is left looking noticeably refreshed and hydrated.
It’s a very popular option for patients after treatments like chemical peels, micro-needling, and Sublative RF Skin Tightening. “A lot of my patients use it after micro-needling,” says aesthetician Lauren Battaglia. “They love how it feels and it really makes a big difference minimizing the appearance of any redness that occurs after treatment.”
As you can see, the SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel is the perfect skincare product as we transition into spring. For more information, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here.
Cold temps, low humidity, harsh winds, and dry indoor heat are all common this time of year. All of which can deplete your skin of necessary moisture. This is why it is so important to use a product (or products) that provides lasting hydration. SkinCeuticals in particular offers a number of facial moisturizers that are great for just that! Some of our favorites include:
- Daily Moisture. A lightweight, long-lasting moisturizer that hydrates all while reducing the appearance of enlarged pores (for normal to oily skin).
- Emollience. A great everyday moisturizer that combines natural extracts and essential oils to help restore and maintain daily moisture (for normal to dry skin).
- Hydrating B5 Gel. An oil-free serum that combines vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid. This helps to replenish moisture and restore radiance for a smoother complexion (ideal for acne-prone skin).
- Metacell Renewal B3. A comprehensive daily moisturizer, that is specifically formulated to improve the appearance of early signs of aging on the skin.
As you can see, hydrating products can help immensely to combat the harsh elements of the season. For more information on the products above and to find out which is best for you, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the
body that helps retain moisture in the skin. As skin ages, the production of this
natural moisturizer slows, dehydrating the skin, and causing it to lose
elasticity. This is why using a product that contains hyaluronic acid is
crucial in maintaining youthful-looking skin.
The PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum available at our office is a great option. Being one of the only hyaluronic acid serums for all skin types, this advanced formulation provides instant and long-lasting hydration. It does this on three levels: on the surface, deeper in the skin, and by increasing the skin’s own hyaluronic acid production. Regular use not only protects the skin’s natural collagen/elastin, but also defends against environmental damage.
To learn more about it, or any of the other skin care products containing hyaluronic acid we offer, contact our office today.