When it comes to skincare, there are many different options available. From drugstore brands to luxury lines, finding the right products can be tough. That’s why we recommend one of the most trusted names out there in SkinCeuticals.
Founded in 1997, SkinCeuticals was developed with an extensive amount of clinical research and science. Suitable for all skin types and tones, their products are formulated with the highest quality ingredients that are proven to address a variety of skin concerns.
These products include:
- Cleansers + Toner. Essential as a base for any skincare regimen. They help to lift impurities and oils while addressing the key needs of different skin concerns.
Products: Clarifying Exfoliating Cleanser, Gentle Cleanser, Glycolic Renewal Cleanser, LHA Cleanser, Micro-Exfoliating Scrub, Simply Clean, Soothing Cleanser, LHA Toner
- Antioxidant. Provides protection from environmental factors that can contribute to premature aging of the skin.
Product: C E Ferulic
- Moisturizers. Provides nourishment, replenishes hydration, protects the skin’s barrier, and optimizes the health and appearance of the skin.
Products: Daily Moisture, Emollience, Hydrating B5 Gel
- Sunscreens. The first line of defense against damaging UVA/UVB rays and helps to preserve the results from other products.
Products: Daily Brightening UV Defense Sunscreen 30, Light Moisture UV Defense SPF 50, Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50, Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50
As you can tell, SkinCeuticals is a comprehensive skincare line that focuses on high-quality results. To learn more about SkinCeuticals, contact the skin care experts at Lisa S. Ball, NP today.
With the transition to cooler weather this time of year, we usually see an influx of patients dealing with dry, irritated skin (part of the reason why October is Eczema Awareness Month). And no area more common than the hands. Since they’re used so often for many different things, it’s no wonder! So, what can you do to better protect and treat the skin in this area? We recommend a great moisturizing product. Below are some of our favorites.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. This fragrance-free cream contains hyaluronic acid that helps to lock in moisture, helping to improve the overall hydration in the process.
- Cetaphil PRO Dry Skin Eczema Soothing Moisturizer. This lotion is more targeted for eczema and really helps to soothe the itchy, irritation that comes with the condition.
- O’Keefe’s Working Hands Hand Cream. This is one of our favorites because of how effective it is. Typically for the more extreme cases but anyone can benefit from using it.
If these products don’t help relieve your symptoms or if they worsen, contact the skincare experts at Lisa S. Ball, NP today.
As you may have noticed, hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient in skincare; and for good reason. It offers a variety of benefits for the skin, especially in regard to anti-aging.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body. Most abundantly found in the skin, it is also located in the eyes and joints.
What are some of the skincare benefits of hyaluronic acid?
The biggest benefit of hyaluronic acid is the effect it has on the skin’s moisture retention. Because of this, it works as a terrific moisturizer that significantly helps with dryness. In addition to that, it also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What are some recommended skincare products that contain it?
- PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum – This is one of our favorite skincare products, let alone one that contains hyaluronic acid. It provides instant hydration that penetrates deep into the skin and lasts. It also helps to encourage an increase in the skin’s own hyaluronic acid production.
- SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel – Another great hydrating product, this serum is perfect for aging skin in need of a smoother complexion.
- SkinCeuticals Retexturizing Activator – This one is very gentle making it perfect for those with sensitive skin. Helps with the feel and texture of the skin as well.
Which product above is best to use?
That depends on your skin type specifically and what your skincare goals are. Scheduling a complimentary visit with our Esthetician Jamie Popp can help you determine that.
As you can see, hyaluronic acid offers a variety of benefits and should be a part of everyone’s skincare routine. If you want to maintain youthful-looking skin, contact our office today.